Powered By Blogger

Friday 16 September 2011

A lesson about stress

Is it just me or does accommodation arrangements not just like always go hand in hand with headaches, problems and difficulties? Well mine does anyway. Luckily I am blessed with an older sister who can help me with things like this, as she clearly knows a lot more than me and have better experience with handling these situations. However, the way she handles it has me stressing. Although deep down I know that she is actually correct. You see, if the woman from the student accommodation office tells me I must give her an answer the following day about whether I want to move into res or not, I want to give her an answer the following day. But bring my sister into things, and that is not how it goes down.  She wants to speak with the woman first. And it doesn’t help that this woman is so extremely busy and that she doesn’t take calls or respond to e-mails.
Now the “following day” that I was meant to give an answer is also over. I don’t know if I can say obviously, because maybe it is just obvious for me. Anyway, obviously I am worried now and I think the woman will assume we are not interested and give the place to someone else. My sister definitely does not think the same about this than me. According to her the place won’t just be given away. Hell, I sure hope it won’t!
What I learned from all of this is that it is clear that when something has to do with you personally, you are way more emotionally involved and unable to think objectively about it. This is probably a bad thing I think. Although I must admit, I tend to stress a lot about things overall. I just know that all in all, it is for the best to have someone involved who won’t be influenced by the outcome of things. If things do work out, that is. Otherwise this lesson I learned means nothing. Except maybe to not bring my sister into things in the future. Just kidding, she really does help me a lot. (I love you sis!)

No comments:

Post a Comment